Saturday 5 January 2013

January Sketch Challenge - Plus Design Team Call

Hello friends, welcome to another year of Christmas card challenges from us at 52 {C}CT and a happy new year to you all!  Hope you all had a very happy festive season!  It's Ruth here and I'm hosting the challenges in January.  I think I've been very kind and am breaking you in to 2013 quite gently with a nice and easy sketch layout!  Feel free to rotate or flip the sketch and substitute the rectangle shape - please just make sure we can recognise the layout in your card!
A brand new year is exciting enough - but there's more - we have revamped our challenges for 2013!  We will still have sketch and colour combo challenges but we've decided to make the theme weeks theme OR recipe challenges and the embellishment weeks will be embellishment OR technique challenges.  That's more variety and scope for you - and us!  

And that's not all - to add to the excitement we are having a Design Team call throughout January!  If you would like to apply for a spot on the team please make a card for EVERY January challenge and ensure you add DT after your name when you link up your cards for the challenges - thank you!

Now onto the wonderful inspiration for this week from the DT.




8 comments:

  1. Great sketch - super inspiration cards. My resolution is to play each week this year! I started well last year, but sort of fell by the way side. In December this year, I want a box of cards like Ruth's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch and wonderful DT creations. Looking forward to another year of fun and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog while browsing around online. I really like the idea of your weekly challenges, and I am going to attempt to keep up with them every week. Although the idea of having a different card for everyone on my Christmas mailing list gives me the heebie jeebies (how on earth would I decide who gets what card design?), this will be a fantastic opportunity to build up a stash of Christmas cards to donate to Operation Write Home. Thank you for the inspiration! I'm looking forward to playing along with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Patricia - I had to giggle at your comment because for the first time this year I had enough hand made cards to send to everyone without having to buy a store bought set. I have to admit that at first I was having a hard time deciding who should get what card. But then I decided that they were all lovely and it would be fun to just start down the list with my pile of cards and send them out. It must have worked because I got sooo many thank yous this year for my cards ;o)

      Delete
  4. happy new year! fabulous cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice sketch - thanks so much! Loved all the DT samples as well.
    Cheers, Karen
    www.alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sketch. Such wonderful dt samples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hadn't seen your blog before I checked out Silvia's. So thought why not. Great idea. Francesca

    ReplyDelete